The Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GoRTT) as part of the National ICT Development Plan (smarTT) is responsible for the transformation and advancement of the lives of all citizens through increased efficiency in service delivery. In today’s world of advanced technology, Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) can support the Government in achieving its mandate.
This Community-based ICT-enabled Access Centres allows community members quick access to information, training and e-Government services in the rural and less-developed areas of Trinidad and Tobago. These under-served locations traditionally lack basic ICT infrastructure, social services and online connectivity to GoRTT services. Additionally, there are fewer physical Government Ministries and Agencies within these areas to facilitate transactions as well as limited access to adequate education and training facilities.
What services are available to me in the Star.tt Access Centres?
General Services at the Star.tt Access Centres:
- Cyber Cafe Facilities;
- ICT Training and Conference Room Facilities;
- e-Learning through Free Online Microsoft Learning Resources;
- Access to e-Services;
- Access to free Printing/Faxing; and
- Access to the Wi-Fi Lounge/Patio with free internet access.
What are the features of the Cyber Cafe?
The Star.tt Cyber Cafe are furnished with state of the art IT equipment, well lit workstations and comfortable seating arrangements that users of all ages can do word processing documents, spreadsheets, presentations or browse on their favourite websites. Also, our friendly Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) are present throughout the day to assist users in any way possible. Best of all this service is entirely FREE.
What is the purpose of the Wi-Fi Patio?
The Wi-Fi patio enables users to bring their personal devices (Laptops, mobile phones, tablets etc.) and enjoy the ambience of the outdoor setting at the Centre which beautifully merges technology and nature. The comfortable seating areas in the Wi-Fi patio provide access to the Star.tt Access Centre's wireless network at no charge to users of this service.
What are e-Services?
e-Services are provided to users via the ttconnect portal.
How can you access the Training Room or Conference Room?
You can reserve a Training Room or Conference Room, by physically coming in at any Star.tt Access Centre or by applying online.
How do I apply through a Star.tt Access Centre?
- You can request a reservation form from any of our friendly Star.tt CSRs;
- Follow the simple instructions to fill out the form - Our Star.tt CSRs are available if you require any assistance;
- When you have completed your form, submit it to any Star.tt CSR;
- The Star.tt CSR would give you feedback on your reservation date and time within two (2) business days.
How do I apply online?
- Click on the Reservation Form link;
- Follow the simple instructions to fill out the form - Please ensure all required fields are complete and the information you provide is accurate;
- When you have completed the form, press the Submit button;
- You would get feedback via email on your reservation date and time at least two (2) business days in advance.
- A form must be submitted in order to reserve the Star.tt Conference/Meeting Room; and
- Booking of the Star.tt Conference/Meeting Room must be done at least three (3) business days prior to the requested date/time.